Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I had the opportunity to be part of the SkyWest Leadership Conference in Salt Lake and had a blast. It took a lot of planning and a lot of work but in the end I think the managers enjoyed the event and had a good time. The theme of the event was back to basics and so to cut on cost we had the event at the accessory shop.
We also did a football themed event for team spirit and working together. I was in charge of the Tug-o-War game with Spencer and it was probably not the favorite out of all the stations. This wasn’t your typical tug-o-war with two teams going against each other by pulling on a big rope. We took it a step further and had them pulling an actual airplane tug. Most of the teams were not too happy to have to be pulling on this heavy tug with two of their team mates sitting on it LOL. Any time it got a bit heated I realized I was paired up with Spencer for a reason “my bouncer” for the night.
Overall I think it was a lot of fun and after we got some drinks in the employees they soon forgot about the tug experience and loved everything lol.

I came home exhausted and ready to sleep for 3 days and opened the door to these amazing flowers Jake bought for me. The house was super clean and the flowers were perfect.
Then Jake told me we had to go feed the cows this weekend. In my mind they were cute little cows that love you and jump over the moon. When I got there I realized they were bucking bulls. Jake then proceeded to tell me that they are just like pets and to go into that pen and yell at them to move aside while we feed them uhhhhhh noooooo those don’t look like pets and I’m sure the devil horned bull eyeing me down is not going to listen to me yelling at him.
I got some guts and walked in and started to walk/run to the safety of the other pen. Only to start to panic when Jake started yelling “oh my gosh run” (totally just as a mean joke) Come to find out the nice little cows in the other pen were probably worse, because they had their calves to take care of. Then the water line wouldn't work and Jake had me crawl into a pen with a wild Mustang to say hello to. Godo thing he was more afraid of me then I was of him (if thats possible) and kept his distance. It was an adventure and no I didn’t get killed by a bull but I certainly won’t be turning my back to them any time soon.

1 comment:

  1. Cute!! I love the slide show - and that made me SO SO sad I couldn't be there. It really did look like fun! :) At least I got to hang out in the office ALL week by myself lol. Fun pictures! Mabye sometime we'll be able to go offsite and work together huh?!

    ReplyDelete